If you are in search of a healthy element for your bread what can be better than broccoli, a goldmine of nutrients? An addition of chicken and low fat cheese along with broccoli makes it a riveting bread to accompany your main course. As you tear the bread the oozing creamy cheese will make you drool while the green specks are a treat for the eyes.
The broccoli adds a pleasant earthy flavour to the bread and enriches it with its highly nutritious qualities. Broccoli keeps vigilance over the overall health of the nervous system. It is an obvious choice if you are looking for antioxidants to help you keep protected from disease. Broccoli is also found to be fruitful in maintaining the health of our heart, eyes and immune system. So bake up chicken broccoli bread today and savour all the delicious flavours.
- • Frozen bread dough
- • 1 large chicken breast, diced
- • 1-2 cups broccoli, steamed
- • 1 egg
- • 4 oz low fat cream cheese
- • Cheese slices
- • 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- • Few sprigs of dill (optional)
- • Roll out the bread dough into a thin sheet and transfer it to the greased baking sheet with one side hanging out from its side.
- • Coat the middle of the dough lengthwise with cream cheese.
- • Arrange the chicken, broccoli in layers and top them up with slices of cheese.
- • Cut out slits along the side of the dough, each 1-2 ‘’ apart.
- • Fold the ends of the dough and wrap the slits over the stuffing in a criss-cross arrangement to give a braided look.
- • Beat the egg with 2 tbsp water and brush the surface of the bread with it.
- • Bake it in the oven for 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- • Slice and serve.