This Mango dessert is very simple to make yet has marvellous flavours for you to enjoy. The sweetness of the mangoes goes well with the rich velvety coconut cream and the subtle tang of lime. A hint of ginger gives it a zesty touch. The flavours of mango are perfect to cool your palate after a spicy meal and the low fat coconut cream makes mango fool a guilt-free indulgence. If you are still skeptical of the cream, swap it with yogurt and you won’t be fooled!
Delicious mangoes can amaze you with their curative effects on the body. Helping with diabetes and heart disease as well as glowing skin. So enjoy your summer lunch with mango fool and you will find that being ’fooled’ was never so much fun!
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 small piece of ginger, peeled and shredded
- 4 oz icing sugar, sieved
- Juice of ½ lime
- 280 ml coconut cream
- Cut the mangoes in half, slicing around the stone. Scoop out the pulp into a blender. Reserve two slices.
- Add ginger, icing sugar and lime juice to the mangoes and puree until smooth.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form and fold into the mango puree.
- Divide the mixture between 6 glass serving dishes and leave in the refrigerator for an hour before serving.
- Cut the reserved mango slices into 6 smaller slices or pieces and use to decorate the fool.
- Serve and enjoy this summer dessert.