Serving oatmeal for breakfast has remained a venerable tradition worldwide. A food which is served often tends to become boring after some point in time and tis can happen in the case of oatmeal. If we don’t enjoy our food, our body hardly accepts it, no matter how nourishing it might be. Give a delicious makeover to your oatmeal and excite your taste buds with the splendid flavours. A handful of walnuts, a dash of cinnamon and pumpkin puree will turn your ‘oh-so-boring’ breakfast into a mouth-watering one. The pumpkin adds to the sweetness which goes well with the nutty essence of walnuts. Cook your oatmeal with soy milk to boost up its protein content while keeping the fatty quotient low.
A bowl of oatmeal is packed with dietary fibres and beta-glucan which helps to keep the cholesterol level and glucose level in the blood within permissible limits. If you are going through a lose-weight frenzy, a bowl of oatmeal is a must have in your daily diet chart. So wake up to a bowl of oatmeal and lift your spirits.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 cup soy milk
- ½ tsp avocado honey
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Cook the oats in a pan along with pumpkin puree and soy milk.
- Stir in ground cinnamon to boost up its flavours.
- Gradually bring it to a boil and then lower the flame to let it simmer until the oatmeal becomes moderately thick in consistency.
- Pour it into the serving bowl.
- Top it up with the chopped walnuts and spoon in the honey before serving