Cauliflower has been one of the most underrated vegetables in our kitchen. When it comes to cooking cauliflower, we end up either boiling it or cooking it into an au gratin. Very few of us are aware of how incredible it can taste when slightly roasted with other ingredients. Herbs and spices bring out the hidden flavors and turn it into a zesty affair. You can also team it up with breadcrumbs and cheese to bring out the best in a cauliflower.
In this recipe, the roasted cauliflower is given an Indian feel, owing to the use of Asian spices. The spices give a pleasant piquancy to the dish while the ginger and garlic adds to the spiciness. Throw in some peas to add more character and cilantro for a refreshing touch.While the zest of this dish mesmerizes you, the nutrients in the cauliflower work their magic on your body to improve your well being.
- Few handfuls of cauliflower florets
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ onion, cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes, crushed
- ½ tbsp fennel seed
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- ½ tbsp curry powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir in the spices, chilli flakes, garlic, ginger and fennel seed into the oil until they are mixed well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the cauliflower florets and onions with the above spice-oil mixture and arrange them in a baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F (200 C) for about half an hour, stirring at times, until the cauliflower turns brown and tender.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and toss with cilantro and peas.
- Serve immediately.