Go for tofu scrambled with kale to give a yummy yet healthy touch to your breakfast menu. Though the plain look might turn you off, the first taste of this tofu scramble will clear your doubts and you will find yourself munching away merrily on this delectable breakfast dish. Throw in veggies of your choice and spice up the tofu with piquant seasonings to enhance the flavour. The silken tofu gives a fluffy and mellowing texture to the scramble while the leafy greens give a crunchy twist to the dish.
‘Two is always better than one’ and so is the case in this dish where two superfoods, tofu and kale, bond together to make this dish a healthy treat. The tofu helps to lower the ‘bad’ LDL cholesterol and helps to keep heart disease at bay. If you are planning to lose weight, incorporating scrambled tofu with kale to your breakfast menu could assist you to achieve your goal. Every woman should indulge in this breakfast dish regularly to maintain proper estrogen balance and stay protected from the sufferings during menopause.
Kale gives a tough competition to tofu when it comes to taking care of our health. Its high content of antioxidants wards away the free radicals and helps to protect us from the perils of several types of cancer. Apart from that it drains our body of toxins and takes care of our inflammatory process; thus a regular diet of scrambled eggs with kale is very effective for patients with asthma and arthritis.
The most amazing aspect of this dish is that it can double up as a part of your lunch menu if you are planning to keep it light. Hence, cook up some scrambled tofu with kale for your family and yourself and stay healthy.
- 1 box firm silken tofu
- ¼ cup kale, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 small shallot, diced
- Fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Immerse the tofu in water and bring it to boil.
- Lower the flame and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While the tofu is cooking, heat oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and shallots together until the latter becomes translucent and soft.
- Drain out the water from the tofu and crumble in onto the pan.
- Throw in the pieces of tomato and kale; sauté for 6-8 minutes while tossing the scrambled tofu at times.
- Sprinkle the seasonings and stir well to mix.
- When the dish is done, top it up with chopped basil and remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy!