The soft, green kiwi fruit slices adorned with tiny black dots of seeds is a fruit lover’s delight. The distinctive flavour of kiwifruit adds charm to your recipes and leaves a fresh tropical feel in your palate. Though using kiwifruit is very common in fruit salads and tarts, this fruit can also give a nice twist to your savoury dishes. Shrimp and kiwi salad is one such delicacy which can be served as a side dish or as a complete meal for those who like to keep their lunch light. The dressing of lemon gives a playful tartness to the salad while the peppers leave a fiery aftertaste on your tongue. The cilantro and crispy lettuce leaves make it a refreshing dish. It goes without saying that the unique combination of shrimp with kiwifruit is the heart of this salad and makes it an absolute stunner.
- • 12 large shrimps, peeled and deveined
- • 1 cup kiwifruit, peeled and diced
- • 2 cups lettuce leaves, torn
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- • Juice of one lemon
- • 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- • 1 tbsp green onions, chopped
- • 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- • ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- • ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- • A pinch of salt
- • Sauté the shrimp in 1 tsp of heated oil over medium heat until cooked; set aside.
- • To make the salad dressing, throw in the remaining ingredients, except lettuce and kiwi, in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- • Add the shrimp and lettuce; toss well until they are evenly coated with the dressing.
- • Top it up with kiwi and serve.
Being a superfood, a salad made with kiwi is great for your health. This shrimp and kiwi salad is full of dietery fibres, vitamins, minerals and flavonoids – thanks to the kiwifruit in it. Therefore make this salad a regular on your lunch menu to drive away heart disease, asthma, wheezing cough and age-related macular degeneration. Toss up shrimp and kiwi salad, sit back and enjoy its delicious flavours.