Cannellini beans are greatly complimented by leafy greens and when Swiss chard provides the touch of greenery to your dish, the outcome is always salubrious. People might find Swiss chard boring and not too pleasing to the palate, but this dish will surely prove them wrong. Swiss chard with cannellini beans makes a filling vegetarian main course or a mesmerizing accompaniment for non-vegetarian recipes. The fresh tomatoes deliver an essence of tartness to the dish which is heightened up by the tangy lemon juice. The beans make it a satisfying meal and amplify its healthy traits.
Every bite of Swiss chard boosts up your fitness quotient. It helps to purify the blood and cleanses our body. Swiss chards keep our immune system in good shape and looks after our eyesight at the same time. Though number 13 is considered unlucky, but in case of Swiss chard, the 13 antioxidants have turned to be lucky for us. They help to ward of the risk of cancer and hekp to keep us safe from this life threatening malady. So cook Swiss chard with cannellini beans for your week night dinner and treat yourself to its power-packed nutrients.
- ½ cup cannellini beans, drained
- 1 bunch swish chard, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- Salta and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Sauté the green onions and shallots in heated oil for about 5 minutes until they turn soft.
- Stir in the drained beans, sprinkle some pepper and salt to taste and continue to cook for some time.
- Put in the chopped Swiss chard and cook until they turn limp.
- Throw in the tomato slices along with a splash of lemon juice and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and relish the freshness.